As we head out from the ‘city of lakes’ Pokhara through charming terraced villages brimming with life, we trek for several days to go between Machhapuchhre and Hiunchuli. This is a massive ice laden cirque that forms some of the uppermost mountains in the world, including the dominating South Face of Annapurna. We spend some time exploring, as we check out the famous Annapurna Base Camp, situated at 4,130m/13,550ft.
This inspiring amphitheatre of the Annapurna Sanctuary attracts hordes of trekkers each year.
The trip begins with a flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara the following day to embark on our trekking. We can also cruise down a scenic highway to Pokhara as an option instead of flying. While on the trails, we are constantly enclosed with immense Himalayan peaks soaking wet with glaciers. In a nutshell, this would be a fantastic deal for ‘greenhorn trekkers’, where we bunk out the highest night at an elevation of 3,700m.
Day 01 : Drive Kathmandu to Chamje
Day 02 : Trek to Dharapni
Day 03 : Trek to Chame
Day 04 : Trek to Pissang
Day 05 : Trek to Manag
Day 06 : Rest day in Manang
Day 07 : Trek to Yak Kharka
Day 08 : Trek to Phedi
Day 09 : Trek to Jomsom via Thorong La Pass & Muktinath
Day 10 : Fly Out to Pokhara
Day 11 : Drive to Kathmandu
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hard ware gears
- Fare well dinner after the trip
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as
- a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Date(s) not available
Trip duration: 11 Days
Grade: Moderate to fairly challenging…but you’d want to stick the course, come what may!
Trek duration: 08 days on trails where nature works wonders and captivates the spirit, despite the challenges…
Starts in: Kathmandu
Ends in: Kathmandu
Trek Type: Tea House
Accommodation: Hotel and Lodge (tea house)
Meals: healthy and nutritious meals provided on the trails…
Transportation: Flight, private car or tourist bus
Maximum altitude: 5416m…we peak out and freak out at Thorung La!
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 4-5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.