Bardiya National Park is situated in the mid far western Terai, east of the Karnali River. Covering an area of 968 square kilometers, it is the country’s largest wildlife reserve. It is also the largest and most undisturbed wilderness area in the Terai. About 70% of the park is covered with thick sal forests, the remainder being made up of a mixture of grassland, savannah and riverine forests. Not as easily accessible as Chitwan or as wet, Bardiya is home to the second largest tiger population in the country. Daylight sightings of the magnificent predator are far more common here than in other parks. Bardiya has the rare distinction of being home to some of the last wild elephant herds in Nepal. Bardiya comprises of regenerated habitat ideally suited for endangered species such as the one-horned Asian rhinoceros, the Royal Bengal tiger, wild elephants, mugger crocodiles, gharials and Gangetic dolphins. Among other animals that can be found here are many varieties of deer, monitor lizards, snakes and birds. Some of the endangered bird species that are given sanctuary here are the Bengal florican, the lesser florican and the sarus crane. In addition, the park is a transit camp for myriad migratory birds.
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hard ware gears
- Fare well dinner after the trip
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner,
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.