Baruntse climbing Expedition (7,000m), a substantial and symmetrical snow clad peak, is a strikingly beautiful mountain in Nepal’s Himalayas. It lies at the heart of the Khumbu massif surrounded by some of the most famous peaks in the world: Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Chamlang, Amadablam and Mera. The mountain is crowned by four summits on four ridges. Baruntse climbing Expedition is also one of the few crests of this height with a high rate of successful ascents on the normal route by way of the South Ridge. The approach to the Baruntse climbing Expedition follows the Mera Peak trek up to Mera La and then to Baruntse base camp (5250m). The climb is not technically demanding and is essentially a straightforward one on snow and ice with some sections of overhangs. Normally, two high camps are established above the base camp on the Baruntse climb. Baruntse climbing Expedition Camp I is set up just below East Col at an altitude of 5700m and Camp II is on the Southeast Ridge at a height of 6420m.
Baruntse climbing Expedition is the best for the those who have basic knowledge of mountaineering and ice climbing. This mountain is the similar attributes of Mt. Ama Dablang but less technical. Total number of day for this expedition is 30-35 days.
Day 01 :Arrival in Kathmandu and check into hotel
Day 02-03 :Official formalities in Kathmandu
Day 04 :Fly to Lukla. Trek to Thukdingma
Day 05 :Trek to Tsetre
Day 06 :Trek to Thasing Dingma
Day 07 :Trek to Thagnak
Day 08:Trek to Khare Kharka
Day 09 :Trek to Pokhari Camp
Day 10 :Trek to Baruntse Base Camp
Day 11-29 :Climbing period
Day 30 :Retrace steps to Pokhari Camp
Day 31 :Trek to Mera Peak BC
Day 32 :Trek to Thagnak
Day 33 :Trek to Thasing Dingma
Day 34 :Trek to Chhatra Kharka
Day 35 :Trek to Lukla
Day 36 :Fly to Kathmandu from Lukla
Day 37:Leisure Day in Kathmandu
Day 38:Depart Kathmandu
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits,
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hard ware gears
- Fare well dinner after the trip
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner,
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance. Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.