Bhote Koshi river is probably the most exciting short rafting trip in Nepal. It offers fun, challenges, physical activity and non-stop action.
The Bhote Koshi river is the main branch of the Sun Koshi river and is a steep mountain river only a few hours’ drive from Kathmandu. Rafting on the Bhote Koshi offers one or two days of intense and challenging river activity. The valley is impressively narrow with steep hillsides shooting up over 2000m from the river. The river drops steeply away and is as dramatic as the scenery.
This river is best for white water rafting in autumn. However this river is better for white water rafting most of the year than any other river. During monsoon late June/July/ August and early September is not possible to run.
Probably the most exciting short rafting trip in Nepal. It offers fun, challenges, physical activity and non-stop action.
Kayaking on this river has been described as challenging, hard and technical – not a play river.
- Grade: Class IV (V)
- Entry: (km 95) (Alt. 990m)
- Exit: Lamosangu (Alt. 760m)
- Distance: 20 km
- Days on river: 1-2
- Av. gradient: 80 ft/mile
- Best season(s): Oct-Nov, Mar-May
- Fire: Learn how to start a fire; use fire for signalling and for warmth
- Food: Learn how to identify wild edible plants; how to fish; how to build traps and snares
- Shelter: Learn about the different types of shelters and how to build one
- Rope: Learn how to weave a rope from wild plants; how to tie different types of knots
- Rafts: Learn how to build a raft and travel on it
- River crossings: Learn how to ford a river diagonally, with high extensions, and in shallow water
- Safety: Learn the basic principles of river safety
1. Drive to Entry Point & Raft all day
2. Raft all Day and Drive back to Kathmandu
- Transport for the trip.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Guide and safety crew.
- All equipments for rafting.
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- Accommodation in twin sharing tent if more than one day.
- Travel & equipments insurance.
- Personal clothing & equipments.
- Personal expenditure.
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control.
- Tips for the crew.
- Group dinner after the trip.
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.