What to bring?
Our canyoning adventure is a day trip, so you do not need to worry too much over what to bring. We will provide all the equipment including wetsuits, so really all you need to carry is a swimsuit or something snug to wear under a wetsuit and a comfortable pair of sports sandals. A towel and a water bottle is also a good idea. Most important of all is, of course, a positive attitude and a good sense of adventure!
What to expect?
Our canyoning zone is about 3 hours drive from Pokhara (4 hours from Kathmandu) on the way to the Chitwan National Park and near the confluence of the Trisuli and Lower Seti rivers. It is a moderate 30 minute walk up to the starting point, until spectacular views of lush jungle and a 130 metre waterfall appear. The canyoning zone actually has 8 main waterfalls. The largest waterfall is about 26 metres where the actual canyoning exploration takes about 3 1/2 hours. However all are not for abseiling.
Our instructors will provide a comprehensive safety briefing and teach the necessary. A simple dry pitch is used for instruction and practice. Once everyone feels confident and the gear is triple-checked, the enthralling adventure begins. Our crew members will always be on hand guiding you all the way through.
After a complimentary picnic lunch en route, we will drive back home. This site is conveniently located half way between Kathmandu and Pokhara and only a 45-minute drive from Chitwan National Park, so there are plenty of choices with regarding our next move, like home-stay! At the end of an exhilarating day of canyon exploration the adventure seekers are invited to our family village farm to experience an evening of authentic Nepali life. Alternate riverside camping can also be arranged if preferred, or one may choose to return to Kathmandu or Pokhara the same day. The choice is yours!
Our efforts to save the Mother Nature:
- Reduce and remove all unnecessary packaging prior to packing supplies to bring on the river.
- Construct toilet tents as far away from river sources as possible, bury waste appropriately and burn toilet paper
- Small campfires are only provided when enough driftwood is available to avoid interfering with the local villagers’ needs
- Treat local stream water and discourage the use of plastic mineral water bottles
- Think of the efforts you can make to reduce your waste and impact on the environment before joining us on the river.
To contribute to the community, we:
- offer complimentary “non-profit” trips to local NGOs such as “Bird Conservation Nepal” for various researches on endangered species
- offer complimentary kayak lessons, leadership training and team building programs to local social organizations helping Nepal’s underprivileged children, such as “Hope for Himalayan Kids”
- donate a portion of every single sale to the Nepali National Team in order to give Nepal a fair chance to be represented at international venues
- donate an equal portion of every single sale, complimentary training and, use of equipment to the Himalayan River Girls Club- a local social program to help inspire and encourage young Nepali women to get involved in ecotourism.
If you are involved in a local project and would like our assistance, please email us. We will happily participate in any program of yours that is for a noble cause.
Drive to Canyoning location
Canyoning whole Day
Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 1: Rafting in Trisuli and over night in Manakamana
Day 2: Biking & Canyoning Home stay in Village
Day 3: Drive to chitwan and safari Activity. Stay in logde
Day 4: Chitwan .Safari Activity
Day 5: Safari activity and Drive Back to Kathmandu
Day 1: Canyoning Home Stay
Day 2: Chitwan Safari
Day 3: Chitwan Safari
Day 4: Chitwan and drive back to Kathmandu
- Professional English-speaking local guides, highly trained in canyoning and climbing and safety certified to international standards in Wilderness First Aid and White Water Rescue.
- State-of-the-art, specialized canyoning equipment (ropes
- Unrelated transportation, visas, travel documents, departure taxes and so forth
- Items of a personal nature (toiletries, clothing, camera et cetera)
- Alcohol and junk food
- Plastic bottled mineral water **we prefer to
Photo(s) not found!
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.