Chitwan National Park (CNP), formerly known as, Royal Chitwan National Park (RCNP), covering an area of 932 square kilometres, is the oldest national park and indubitably the most popular safari destination in Nepal. Established in 1973, it was granted the status of a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984. The RCNP is located in the subtropical inner Terai lowlands of South-Central Nepal in the Chitwan district, 200kms southwest of Kathmandu.
The Park contains unique ecosystems, with low- lying hills, ox-bow lakes, and floodplains. Although the vegetation is dominated by sal forests, the reserve boasts fifty species of grasses. The wealth of wildlife is no less staggering at forty-three species of animals on record. To name only a few of the denizens that call this wilderness home are the protected one-horned Asian rhino, the critically endangered Royal Bengal tiger, leopards, sloth bears, the gharial, marsh crocodiles, the gaur, wild elephants, the four- horned antelope, numerous species of deer, the striped hyena, the pangolin, the Gangetic dolphin, monitor lizards, cobras, kraits, rat snakes and pythons. The park also boasts over four hundred bird species, both locally resident and migratory.
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hard ware gears
- Fare well dinner after the trip
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner,
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.