Tibetan folklore has an interesting tale regarding Cho Oyu, the Turquoise God. Legend has it that he fell in love with the Goddess Chomolungma (Everest), who later married her closer neighbour to the southeast, Makalu. As a result, Cho Oyu never wed and he now faces in opposite direction to avoid looking at Chomolungma.
The Cho Oyu expedition starts in Kathmandu, Nepal. Paperwork and equipment management for journeying into Tibet will be done by our Nepal office. You will along the way get a closer look at the local customs and culture of Kathmandu before flying to Lhasa. From Lhasa, we will drive to the village of Tingri and then trek on to the Cho Oyu base camp. You will have to spend two nights herein to hire the yaks so as to transport the expedition supplies and equipment to ABC. Next is a two-day journey during which you will ford rivers and hike over rocky moraines before arriving at ABC, “home camp”.
Day 1-2 : Arrive Kathmandu
Day 3-4 : Sightseeing in Kathmandu and necessary preparations for the expedition
Day 5 : Drive from Kathmandu to Zhangmu
Day 6 : Drive to Nyalam
Day 7 : Drive to Rest Day at Nyalam
Day 8 : Drive to Thingri
Day 9 : Rest Day at Thingri
Day 10:Drive to Cho Oyu Base Camp
Day 11-13: Acclimatisation in Base Camp
Day 14 : Trek to Intermidiate Camp
Day 15 : Trek to ABC
Day 16 : Rest Day at ABC
Day 17 : Puja and Equipment check and Training
Day 18 : Camp on an Back to ABC
Day 19-42: Climbing Period
Day 43:Trek back to Intermidaite Camp, Drive to Thingri
Day 44:Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 45: Back Home
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits,
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hard ware gears
- Fare well dinner after the trip
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner,
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance. Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.