Dolpa Region: The world’s highest horse racing…a glimmering turquoise lake… yarchagumba for a healthy sexual life…& the Dolpi folks will welcome you with a heart that’s warm… Dolpo Rara via Phoksundo Kagmara La offers the best scenery in the northwestern extremity of the country. Being surrounded by the Rara National park, it offers wide range of flora and fauna. The park is situated at an altitude of 2990 m and is ranked among st the finest in the world. The centerpiece of the park is the biggest lake in Nepal- the Rara Lake.
Dolpo Rara via Phoksundo Kagmara La is a fine destination for trekking in the west of Nepal. Dolpo Rara via Phoksundo Kagmara La begins from Juphal through the uninvited trails of the welcoming villages. The culture and scenery here are very different from those in the rest of the country. Along mountain paths and a series of picturesque villages, one reaches the magnificent banks of this huge body of water. The deep and clear lake of Phoksundo & Rara mirrors the snow-capped mountains and is surrounded by the alpine vegetation. Climate wise, September/October is the best time to visit as during winter, the lake is surrounded by snow. If you are looking for wilderness and solitude travel, this trek is an ideal choice.
Dolpo Rara via Phoksundo Kagmara La trek gives mixed variety of experiences. During t Dolpo Rara via Phoksundo Kagmara La trek, one can find the diversity of culture and nature within close strides of walk. The trail goes through low land to the elevation of 5115m. The settlements of different sects of people like Khas, Bon and other sects can be explored. You can have the enchanting views of the deepest and the largest lakes of Nepal. Dolpo Rara via Phoksundo Kagmara La trek also includes a short day hike up to the Murma Top.
- Day 01:Kathmandu- Arrival.
- Day 02:Kathmandu – Nepalgunj afternoon flight 55 min. – stay in hotel
- Day 03:Nepalgunj – Juphal (2475m) early morning flight 35 min. then trek to Dunai (2140m)
- Day 04:Dunai – Chhepka (2838m)
- Day 05:Chhepka – Chunuwar (Jharana hotel)(3110m)
- Day 06:Chunuwar – Phoksundo (3600m)
- Day 07:Phoksundo – explore lake, gompas and village (Bon)-camping
- Day 08:Phosundo lake (3660m)- Pungmo (3500m)
- Day 09:Pungmo – Kagmara high camp. 4800 m
- Day 10:Kagmara high camp – Kagmara Phedi (2900m)
- Day 11:Kagmara Phedi – Toijum (2920)
- Day 12:Toijum – Chaurikot (3060m)
- Day 13:Chaurikot (3060m) – Chotra
- Day 14:Chotra – Gothichaur (2650m)
- Day 15:Gothichaur to Jumla 2540m
- Day 16:Jumla to Khali Gaon 3685m, 6 hours trek
- Day 17:Khaligaon to Bulbule (3182m) 6-7 hours trek
- Day 18:Bulbule to Rara 2980m, 4-5 hours trek passing Ghuchi Lagna Pass 3480 m.
- Day 19:Explore Rara Lake
- Day 20:Rara to Murma Top
- Day 21:Rara to Talcha, 4-5 hours trek
- Day 22:Talcha to Nepalgunj 45 minutes flight and 55 minutes flight from Nepalgunj to Kathmandu.
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hardware gears
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and
- climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.