On this trek, you walk along scenic routes of the famous Khumbu valley. The trail is a pretty tough challenge as you head to the Gokyo Lakes and over the Cho La Pass at 5,430m making a circuit of Taboche (6,367m) and Cholatse (6,440m). It’s a lung bursting hike but the high altitude sceneries warm a tired heart as you stick to the course of your journey without wavering.
As we blend into the Khumbu valley high atop Lobuche, the trail goes up to dazzling Kalapathar and then back to Lukla via Tengboche and Namche Bazaar. The small herding settlement of Gokyo (4750m) on the banks of the third lake in a chain of small turquoise mountain lakes found on the ridge above Gokyo, the four peaks above 8000m of Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse and, Makalu show up proudly. In addition to this, witness the the tremendous ice ridge between Cho Oyu and Gyachung (7922m). This is considered one of the most dramatic landscapes to view in the Khumbu region. The avenues are so much for further discoveries and trekking above the tree-lines, including the crossing of the highlands of Cho La, 5420m-high pass into Khumbu and a hike to the majestic Gokyo Ri.
Day 01 : Khamandu to Lukla by air. Trek to Phakding
Day 02 : Trek to Namche Bazaar
Day 03 : Rest at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization
Day 04 : Trek to Phortsethanga
Day 05: Trek to Dole
Day 06: Trek to Machhermo
Day 07: Trek to Gokyo
Day 08: Trek to Thaknak
Day 09: Trek Cho La to Dzongla
Day 10: Trek to Gorakshep
Day 11: Trek to Kalapatthar and return to Lobuche
Day 12: Trek to Tengboche
Day 13: Trek to Namche Bazaar
Day 14: Trek to Lukla
Day 15: Lukla to Kathmandu by air
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hard ware gears
- Fare well dinner after the trip
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner,
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance. Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Date(s) not available
Total trip duration: 15 days.
Trek days: 13 days out in the wild where the challenges are worth the go!
Trek grade: Strenuous…what’s lovely never comes easy…what’s better than living life on the precipice with faith in God that created all this beauty in the first place…
Activities: Trekking above the timberline.
Best season: Sep/ Oct/ Nov/Feb/ Mar/ April and May.
Accommodation: Standard 4 or 5* hotel accommodation in Kathmandu (2-3 nights)…
Walking time: Approximately 6-7 hours a day
Transportation: Comfortable vehicles (Car/Van/) and a flight
Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu and all nutritious meals are provided on the trail
Mode of trek: Mountain Lodges (Tea House)
Group size: Min 2 people; max 24 people
Max altitude: 5545m. (We peak at Kalapathar)…this is where the imaginations run wild…
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu as per the Itinerary.