This is the ideal trek for those who seek to get off the busier trails in the Everest region while still hiking in the shadows of Everest. The trip commences with a stunning mountain flight from Kathmandu to Hillary’s Lukla airport. After experiencing the enthralling old trading bazaar of Namche, we pass by the ancient Tibetan trading route of Tibetan caravans. Then, we clamber on up to the dramatic Renjo La Pass at 5390 m.
Trekking at a pace that suits your body, we move through Sherpa villages and yak pastures as we emerge into the astonishing Gokyo Valley with its gorgeous lakes. Then we ascend Gokyo Ri for one of the best views of Everest and the neighboring peaks of Cho Oyu in Tibet. From our isolated high camp west of Gokyo we get set for the most challenging part of the trek- the crossing of the Renjo La.
The views of Everest leave us breathless as we intertwine our way to the top of the pass at 5390 m, before our descent to Marlung along a seldom used trail.
Day 01 : Kathmandu to Lukla by air. Trek to Phakding 2610m
Day 02 : Trek to Namche Bazaar 3440m
Day 03 : Rest at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization 3440m
Day 04 : Trek to Phortsethanga 3680m
Day 05 : Trek to Dole 4110m
Day 06 : Trek to Machhermo 4470m
Day 07 : Trek to Gokyo 4790m
Day 08 : Climb to Gokyo Ri 5357m
Day 09 : Trek to Renjo La pass5360m/ Lungden 4380m
Day 10 : Trek to Thame 3800m
Day 11 : Trek to Namche Bazaar 3440m
Day 12 : Trek to Lukla 2840m
Day 13 : Lukla to Kathmandu by air 1350m
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hardware gears.
- Kathmandu accommodation & food (Breakfast,lunch & dinner).
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance. Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Date(s) not available
Total trip duration: 13 days.
Trek days: 12 days out on the rugged trails where the tough get going!
Trek difficulty: Strenuous…but whoever said this was easy? We enjoy God’s love to his people…this is a ‘must do’ trip…
starts in Kathmandu…ends in Kathmandu
Activities: Trekking above the timberline.
Best season: Sep / Oct / Nov / Feb / Mar / April and May.
Accommodation: Standard 3 or 4 star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu (3 nights)…
Walking time: Approximately 6-7 hours a day
Transportation: Comfortable vehicles (Car/van/) and a flight
Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu and all nutritious meals are provided on the trail
Mode of trek: Tea House
Group size: Min 1 person; max 24 people
Max altitude: 5390m. (We peak at Renjo–La Pass)…the rewards are there…
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu as per the Itinerary.