The Kaligandaki is considered a particularly holy river and it offers medium length river trips, combining exhilarating white water with beautiful scenery and diverse wildlife. This is also a terrific river for rafting in Nepal. Kaligandaki river offer three days rafting trip and also can be done in two days in high water. Kaligandaki river rafting is also best chained with multi adventure with Annapurna circuit trek and Mountain Biking from Jomsom. Kaligandaki river also considered as river that flows in the deepest gorge in the world.
The perfect river for a shorter river experience, coursing through a beautiful valley, cascading waterfalls, pretty villages and the perfect quantity of white water.During the hight water in monsoon, kaligandaki river will not be possible to run. Best season for the rafting in kaligandi river is in autumn and in spring.
A fantastic river for kayaking with almost non-stop play-action. There are some holes one should avoid playing in but generally the difficulties are obvious and the river is friendly.
- Grade: Class –IV (IV+)
- Entry: Beni (Alt. 820m)
- Exit: Andhi Khola (Alt. 540m)
- Distance: 60 km
- Days on river: 3
- From Pokhara: 4 hours
- Av. gradient: 25 ft/mile
- Volume in Nov: 120 cms (4200 cfs)
- Best season(s): Oct-Dec/ Mar-May
- Fire: Learn how to start a fire; use fire for signalling and for warmth
- Food: Learn how to identify wild edible plants; how to fish; how to build traps and snares
- Shelter: Learn about the different types of shelters and how to build one
- Rope: Learn how to weave a rope from wild plants; how to tie different types of knots
- Rafts: Learn how to build a raft and travel on it
- River crossings: Learn how to ford a river diagonally, with high extensions, and in shallow water
- Safety: Learn the basic principles of river safety
1. Drive to Entry Point Raft
2. Raft all Day and Camping
3. Raft half Day and Drive back to Pokhara
- Transport for the trip.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Guide and safety crew.
- All equipments for rafting.
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- Accommodation in twin sharing tent if more than one day.
- Travel & equipments insurance.
- Personal clothing & equipments.
- Personal expenditure.
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control.
- Tips for the crew.
- Group dinner after the trip.
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.