Ganja La pass(5122m/16,800 ft) is physically based towards the north of the capital, that leads to a narrow valley that sits below the prime Himalayan zone just north of the Tibetan border with snowy peaks stretched out towards the south of this area. Our journey begins with a cool bus ride from Kathmandu to Dhunche. Then we get started for the long haul of our trek to Kyanjin Gompa that culminates at Chisopani.
This trip takes you into the heart of Langtang across small peaks and shining glaciers. We also explore the Tsergo Ri at 5000m wherein you will revel in panoramic view of all of the Langtang ranges. Along the way, you will be accompanied by the cascading waterfalls, lakes(highlight: Gosaikunda) the lush green rhododendron forests and, the warm congenial folks who are bonafide Nepalese with Tibetan origins.
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Dhunche. Overnight in Tent.
Day 02: Trek Dhunche to Syabru Gaon. Overnight in Tents
Day 03: Trek Syabru Gaon to Lama Hotel
Day 04: Trek Lama Hotel to Langtang. Overnight in Tents
Day 05: Trek Langtang to Kyangjing Gompa. Overnight in Tents
Day 06: Rest Day at Kyangjing Gompa for excursion to Tshergo Ri. Overnight in Tents
Day 07: Trek to Ganja La High Camp. Overnight in Tents
Day 08: Trek to Ganja La pass. Proceed to Yangrikharka. Overnight in Tents
Day 09: Trek to Dhukpu. Overnight in Tents
Day 10: Trek to Thare Pati. Overnight in Tents
Day 11: Trek to Kutumaang .Overnight in Tents
Day 12: Trek to Chisapani. Overnight in Tents
Day 13: Trek to Sundarijal. Drive back to Kathmandu
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hardware gears
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner,
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and
- climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Date(s) not available
Trip duration: 14 Days
Grade: Difficult…this is life in the tough lane on the mountains of Nepal…but when it’s done, you surely enjoy that sense of achievement…
Trek days: 11/12 days on trails that can be gentle but more roughshod for much of the way as the going gets hard when you go higher…but mother nature urges you to go on…what better way to appreciate God’s gift of beauty for his creations???
Activity: Hiking and climbing at higher altitudes
Starts in: Kathmandu
Ends in: Kathmandu
Trek type: teahouse lodges on the trail
Accommodation: 4-5* Hotel in Kathmandu
Meals: breakfast in Kathmandu, and highly nutritious food on the trails…
Transportation: Flight, private car or a tourist bus depending on the number of people
Maximum altitude: 5122m…we peak at Ganja La, and this is where we hallucinate. It’s like knocking on heaven’s doors!
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 4-5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.