The Lhasa to Kathmandu cycling tour is one of the most adventurous rides a mountain biker can hope to embark upon. It can be made more adventurous and challenging by incorporating a four-day round trip away from the main Lhasa/Kathmandu road to visit Rongbuk Monastery and the North Base Camp area of Mt. Everest. On this detour, the road climbs through almost fifty hairpin bends to reach the Pang La pass, which affords splendid views of the Himalayas, and of Mt. Everest itself. The Everest Base Camp is a ‘not to be missed’ inclusion to this ride. Standing before the exposed and sheer North Face of Chomolungma (Mt. Everest) at Everest Base Camp (5500m/18044 ft) is a memorable experience.
We will spend a night at the Base Camp before riding 60 km to link up with the main route to Kathmandu. Back on the main road, we reach the edge of the Tibetan Plateau as we cross the 5200m high Thang La pass, and begin a mind-blowing descent of 4600 metres, (15000 ft) via the border town of Zhangmu, to the valley of the Bhote Kosi River. A final, easy day’s cycling brings us back to civilization in the form of Kathmandu.
Day 01:Fly to Lhasa
Day 02:First Day of cycling. Trip to Chutsu
Day 03:Chutsu- Namdrok
Day 04:Namdrok – Namdrok Tso
Day 05:Namdrok Tso – Ralung
Day 06:Ralung – Gyantse
Day 07:Gyantse – Shigatse
Day 08: Shigatse – Tso La
Day 09:Tso La – Lhatse
Day 10:Lhatse – Shegar
Day 11:Shegar – Pang La
Day 12:Pang La – Rongbuk
Day 13:Rest and exploration Day at Rongbuk (trip to Everest Base Camp)
Day 14:Rongbuk – Tingri
Day 15:Tingri – Thang La
Day 16:Thang La – Nyalam
Day 17:Nyalam – The Last Resort, Nepal
Day 18:The Last Resort – Kathmandu
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Cycling Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hard ware gears
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner
- International flights to Kathmandu
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and
- climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.