The area is one of the last bastions of the ages-old traditional pre-Buddhist Tibetan culture, where the Bon-Po religion is still practiced. High mountains, including the Dhaulagiri Massif to the southeast surround this spiritual sanctuary.
Trekking in the lower Dolpa is generally within altitudes ranging between 2,500m to 5,190m. The Trek begins from Juphal with a hike to the Shey Phoksundo National Park all the way through ancient trade routes. Along the way, we discover the wonderful views of the lower Dolpa valley, the snowy peaks of the Kanjiroba and, the Dhaulagiri ranges. The trek continues to the crystal clear, deep blue waters of the Shey Phoksundo Lake that contrasts strikingly with the weathered red and brown hills. The final leg of the trip to this locale of wonder, serenity and mystique involves the descent to Juphal airship.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu
Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu and making trek preparations
Day 03:Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj. Check into hotel
Day 04:Fly from Nepalgunj to Jhupal. Trek to Dunai
Day 05:Trek to Tarakot
Day 06:Trek to Khani Gaon
Day 07:Trek to Tarap Khola
Day 08:Trek to Yak Kharka
Day 09:Trek to Dho Tarap
Day 10:Rest day at Dho Tarap for acclimatization
Day 11: Trek to Tokyu Gaun
Day 12:Trek to Numa La
Day 13:Cross Numa La and camp at Phedi
Day 14:Cross Baga La pass and camp on the other side of Phedi
Day 15:Trek to Ringmo
Day 16:Rest day at Ringmo for the hike to Phoksundo Lake
Day 17:Trek to Chepka
Day 18:Trek to Jhupal
Day 19:Fly to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj
Day 20:Rest day in Kathmandu
Day 21:Depart Kathmandu
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hardware gears
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner,
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region,
- mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.