The Marsyangdi, or Raging River, is one of the best class 4 white-water rivers in Nepal , magnificent mountain backdrops and every bend opening up fresh vistas of some of the world’s highest mountains. Marshyangdi river rafting also can be done as Muti adventure in Nepal. Trekking Annapurna circuit clockwise up to manning and Mountain Biking to Sange and whitewater rafting to bhote odar.
Marshyangdi is a fantastic, exhilarating run. One rapid leads straight into another with steep drops, huge undercut boulders, powerful currents. A great deal of technical and fast maneuvering is required on this water course. This is a serious and challenging trip even for those with previous rafting experience. Marshyangdi river also used for the IRF grade 5 guide course training purpose as well. Rafting in Marshyangdi river is best in autumn and spring. It will not run in monsoon due to safety reason.
This has been described by world class kayakers as one of the best white water trips in the world.
- Grade: Class IV+ (V-)
- Entry: Nagdi (Alt. 890m)
- Exit: Bimalnagar (Alt. 390m)
- Distance: 52 km
- Days on river: 2-3
- From Pokhara: 1-1/2 (hours/days)
- Av. gradient: 10m/km (50 ft/mile)
- Volume in Nov: 80 cms (2800 cfs)
- Best season(s): Oct-Dec, Mar-May
- Fire: Learn how to start a fire; use fire for signalling and for warmth
- Food: Learn how to identify wild edible plants; how to fish; how to build traps and snares
- Shelter: Learn about the different types of shelters and how to build one
- Rope: Learn how to weave a rope from wild plants; how to tie different types of knots
- Rafts: Learn how to build a raft and travel on it
- River crossings: Learn how to ford a river diagonally, with high extensions, and in shallow water
- Safety: Learn the basic principles of river safety
1. Drive to Entry Point Over Night Camping
2. Raft All Day and Drive Back to Kathmandu
- Transport for the trip.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Guide and safety crew.
- All equipments for rafting.
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- Accommodation in twin sharing tent if more than one day.
- Travel & equipments insurance.
- Personal clothing & equipments.
- Personal expenditure.
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control.
- Tips for the crew.
- Group dinner after the trip
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.