The mountain bike around Kathmandu valley is for those who wish to experience as much of Nepal as possible in a week holiday. The mountain bike trip on the ridge-top trails encircles the Valley’s rim. The trip begins with visits to the historic cities of Patan and Bhaktapur, the temples, monasteries and, hill resort of Nagarkot with its sunrise view of the entire Nepal Himalaya along with picturesque villages hiding in the forests along the way.
Then, we travel along little-used dirt roads away from the city hustle. Only a short mountain biking ride away lies a delightful world of wooded slopes, small villages, hidden temples and the views which include all of the major peaks of the Nepal Himalaya – from Makalu to the Annapurnas. Riding through some easy to semi-technical single track along old jeep roads, this trip will introduce you to diverse culture, tradition and customs that make up life in Nepal’s ‘Middle Hills’. The mountain biking trip is both challenging and exhilarating at the sametime as the scenic splendours add appetite to your exhausted pedals. The Mountain biking and its accessories are available with Gurkha Adventures. Personnel equipments will have to bring along. Milti days Mountain Biking trip will use the hotels en-route on the mountain biking trails. Mountain bike can be chosen from either full suspension of hard trail with riders heights requirement.
We have got MIAS (Mountain Bike Instructor award scheme) mountain bike leader, these trips can be used for recreational trips as well as award mountain bike leader qualifications. We can qualify MIAS level 1 & 2. MIAS is the UK based international mountain bike qualification which is recognised by Adventures & LOtC, Adventurous Activities Licensing Service (AALS), Association of British Cycling Coaches (ABCC). Endorsed and are platinum awarded inspectors for Adventuresmark and Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC).
|SN||Tour Name||Duration||Cost||No of Pax||Distance||Grade||Remarks|
|01||Cross Country||1 Day||Mini 2 pax||40-50km||Easy/Medium/Hard||Ktm.Valley|
|02||Downhill tour||1 Day||Mini2pax||30-40km||Easy||Ktm.Valley|
|04||Combined tour||2Night/3Days||Mini2pax||120km||Hard||Ktm/Outside valley|
|05||Tibet border tour||3Night/4Days||Mini2pax||240km||Hard||Ktm/Tibet Border|
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Cycling Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hard ware gears
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner
- International flights to Kathmandu
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and
- climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.