Mountain biking Kathmandu to Pokhara is remarkable in that it takes one on an off the road trail linking two major cities of Nepal, Pokhara and Kathmandu. This popular trip begins from Kathmandu after a brief preamble of a Mountain Biking trip in Kathmandu. Pokhara is an amazing place, famous for its placid lakes with the stunning backdrop of Mt. Annapurna & Fish Tail (Machhapuchhre)and the Manaslu range. This particular Mountain Biking route has no riding on the main highway. All the mountain biking Kathmandu to Pokhara journey is completed on an assortment of broad foot paths, old jeep trails and some technical singletracks.
Mountain biking Kathmandu to Pokhara will take riders across remote territory that is seldom visited by westerners. Crossing the old Gorkha, we follow the traditional route that joins Kathmandu to other parts of mid-western Nepal. Challenging ascents along with some incredible descents make this special off-road Mountain Biking Kathmandu to Pokhara tour is a biker’s dream. Mountain bike can be chosen from either full suspension of hard trail with rider’s heights requirement. Mountain Biking Kathmandu to Pokhara for small group of riders can stay in teahouse or in hotel en-route. The larger group will have to arrange tented camping with safety vehicle.
Mountain Biking is often associated with freedom, adventure discovery, exercise, healthy lifestyles and promotes an opportunity to explore local and national wilderness environment. Our MIAS leaders fosters high regards for the environment, other user, inhabitants and encourage others in an understanding of the issues of conservation, access and erosion.
We have got MIAS (Mountain Bike Instructor award scheme) mountain bike leader, these trips can be used for recreational trips as well as award mountain bike leader qualifications. We can qualify MIAS level 1 & 2. MIAS is the UK based international mountain bike qualification which is recognised by Adventures & LOtC, Adventurous Activities Licensing Service (AALS), Association of British Cycling Coaches (ABCC). Endorsed and are platinum awarded inspectors for Adventuresmark and Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC).
Day 1:Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2: Bike to Nuwakot
Day 6:Khatri Thanti
Day 8:Begnas Pokhara
Day 9:Drive back to Kathmandu
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Cycling Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hard ware gears
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner
- International flights to Kathmandu
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and
- climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.