Climbing Pumori is the most popular mountain for those who wish to climb a 7000m peak in the Himalayas. We arrange both the logistic and climbing support for the expedition. Pumori climbing expedition involves a moderately technical climb on ice and snow. The normal route taken for the Pumori climbing expedition is up the Southeast Ridge. For Pumori, the base camp will be set up at 5300m.
Pumori climbing expedition takes climbers through glaciers for near about four hours to reach Camp 1 at 5700m. From there one has to make a 480m climb up 40-60 degree slopes and pass through a snow wall to reach Camp 2 on a narrow ridge at 6200m. Then comes another climb of roughly 450m and 30-60 degree gradients across and through the ice walls, and over crevasses. This section is prone to avalanches caused by big seracs hanging from the shoulder above. Camp 3 will be set up at an altitude of 6480m on the ridge. Next, navigating more crevasses, the ascent goes up Pumori cliff and eventually the summit.
South West Ridge: Very few climbers have tried to do this expedition from this difficult route. This route follows directly from the top of Kalapathar and goes straight over the ridge extending as much as 75 degree. With lots of technical difficulties it is not safe to travel through this route so we suggest to you to use the normal route of mount Pumori so that your group will comfortably step on its Top. You can check The Himalayan Journal (1996) or American Alpine Journal (1997) for more information.
Day 01 :Arrive Kathmandu and check into hotel
Day 02-04 :Official formalities in Kathmandu
Day 05 :Kathmandu-Lukla-Phakding
Day 06 :Namche
Day 07 :Rest at Namche
Day 08 :Tengboche
Day 09 :Pheriche
Day 10 :Lobuche
Day 11 :Base Camp
Day 12-26 :Climbing period
Day 27-31 :Retrace steps to Kathmandu
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hard ware gears
- Fare well dinner after the trip
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region,
- mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main
- meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.