Shishapangma lies in Tibet near the high peaks of Langtang on the Nepalese border. The Chinese authorities opened this peak to western mountaineers in 1978. Shishapangma is the last of 8000m summits to be climbed. Now it is regarded as one of the most straightforward climbs via the Northwest Ridge, and the number of successful of summits is quite high. The base camp, situated at 5000m, offers spectacular views of the mountain and the ridge.
Shisha Pangma is the 14th highest peak of the world, and like Cho oyu, Shishapangma Expedition is considered by many as one of the easiest 8000m mountains to climb. Shishapangma Expedition is the highest peak in the Langtang Himal and is located almost due north of Kathmandu entirely on the Tibetan side of the Himalaya. The peak is characterized by its long, steep, craggy southern face rising over 2000m, making it an imposing sight to all would be climbers. The Indian-Nepalese name for the peak is Gosaitan, which denotes “The Holy Place”. The Tibetan name for the mountain is Xixapangma. . It’s name literally translates to “The mountain overlooking the grassy plains.Driving to the base camp of Shishapangma makes the easy access for climbing Shishapangma. The base camp is situated at 5000m. with the spectacular views of the mountain and the ridge. Advance base camp is located at the glacier on the west side of the moraines at 5400m. Normally, three high camps are set up to approach the summit in Shishapangma climbing.Like Manaslu, this
Shishapangma Expedition is best climbed in September month unlike other 8000m peaks which are climbed in spring.Shishapangma climbing begins with the drive from Kathmandu to Shishapangma base camp with a few days of acclimatization. After the necessary preparation at the base camp, we hike to advance base camp. Climbing Shishapangma peak is straightforward via the North-West Ridge with high rate of success. Shishapangma expedition is considered relatively easy on North-West Face and North Ridge. The only difficult section is proceeding from the central to the main summit on the knife-edge ridge.
Day 01 :Arrive Kathmandu and check into hotel
Day 02-04 :Kathmandu for official formalities and other preparations
Day 05 :Drive to Zangmu
Day 06 :Drive to Nyalam
Day 07 :Rest at Nyalam
Day 08 :Drive to Shishapangma BC
Day 09-11 :Rest at Base Camp
Day 12 :Trek to Advance Base Camp
Day 13 :Rest at Advance Base Camp
Day 14 – 38 :Climbing period
Day 39 :Return to Advance Base Camp
Day 40 :Return to Base Camp
Day 41 :Cleaning up at BC
Day 42 :Drive from BC to Nyalam
Day 43 :Drive to Kathmandu
Day 44 :Leisure Day in Kathmandu
Day 45 :Depart Kathmandu
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits,
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hard ware gears
- Fare well dinner after the trip
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner,
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance. Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.