Simikot Hilsa Limi valley circuit trek lies towards the northwestern part of Nepal. The region is famous for its unbeatable combination of natural beauty and unvisited trails. The Simikot Hilsa Limi valley circuit trek takes us to the isolated and very beautiful valley of Limi via Simikot, this area is untouched by urbanization and has preserved the beauty of nature in its natural self.The valley of Limi is also referred as Shangri-la. The trek takes us to the thick evergreen forest of the Karnali and the amazing mountain ranges such as Neelakandan and Saipal. Along with snow covered mountains, high alpine meadows, rocky cliffs, thick forests, monasteries and breathtaking landscapes, you will also encounter the friendly inhabitants of different cultures. Here the traditional rural life has remained unchanged for centuries. Walk along the well-trodden or the virgin route, both give you an amusing trekking experience.
Don’t expect the Simikot Hilsa Limi valley circuit trek to be like that of the Everest or the Annapurna region, the facilities here are still pretty low-key, however, the area is an adventurer’s reverie – original culture of yore, a haven of natural beauty and the trails are all yours, you are the king of the trails down here and the birdies will keep you company all the way…
The local Humli folks, like other Nepalese throughout the country, are extremely diverse in caste, customs and cultures. About 85% of the 56,000 people who inhabit this sparingly populated district are Hindu. The minority Buddhists, of whom a few practice polyandry, occupy the highlands. According to anthropologist Carol Dunham: “Humla is one of the most culturally fascinating places in all of Nepal, a cultural symbol of a living history from the ancient mysterious kingdom that was once a powerful Tibet, ancestors of an ancient dynasty that once held sway, with Rajput and Thakuri clans a part of the Aryan mixup.”
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu (1345m / 4412f)
Day 2: Trip arrangements, meeting with staff and sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley
Day 3: Flight Kathmandu-Nepalgunj
Day 4: Flight Nepalgunj-Simikot (2950m / 9678f)
Day 5: Simikot to Dharapuri(2300m / 7545f) 4 hours.
Day 6: Dharapuri to Kermi (2670m / 8759f)
Day 7: Kermi to Yalbang(3020m / 9908f) 5 hours
Day 8: Yalbang to Muchu (3120m / 10236) 4 hours or Tumkot (3380m / 11089f) 5 hours
Day 9: Tumkot to Yari (3700m / 12139f) or Thado Dunga (3750m / 12303f) 5 hours
Day 10: Yari to Hilsa (3720m / 12204f), across the Nara La (4620m / 15157f) 6 hours
Day 11: Hilsa to Manepeme (3900m / 12795f) 5 hours
Day 12: Manepeme to Til (4000m / 15091f) 6 hours
Day 13: Til to Halji (3660m / 12007f) 3 hours
Day 14: Halji to Jang (3930m / 12893f) 4 hours
Day 15: Jang to Talung (4370m / 14337f ) 8 hours
Day 16: Talung to Shinjungma (3620m / 11876f), across Nyalu La (4940m / 16207f) 8 hours
Day 17: Shinjungma to Kermi (2670m / 8759f) 7 hours
Day 18: Kermi to Simikot (2950m / 9678f) 6 hours
Day 19: Simikot to Nepalgunj to Kathmandu
Day 20: Departure
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
- Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hardware gears
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner,
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region,
- mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance. Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.