Tamur River Rafting will take you into the magnificent white water and beautiful unspoiled valley, together with one of the most scenic treks in Nepal. It gives you the perfect blend of rafting and trekking which is the best in the country. The Tamur and its tributaries drain the snows of Kanchenjunga, the third highest peak in the world. The valley itself is beautiful and unspoiled with relatively few villages and little agriculture. Its slopes are well wooded; there are good beaches for camping and plentiful wildlife to be seen.
Drifting between full-on rapids and languid scenic patches, this river is a gem in terms of the number of rapids, the amazing scenery, and the wildlife.
A perfect river for the expert kayaker looking for rapids, rapids and yet more rapids. It is best done in November or April, since there will be more time to catch one’s breath in between the action.
- Grade: Class IV (IV+)
- Entry: Dobhan (Alt. 635m)
- Exit: Chatra (Alt. 105m)
- Distance: 131 km
- Days on river: 9-12
- From Kathmandu: 2 days by bus or a 3-day trek
- Av. gradient: 4m/km (20 ft/mile)
- Best season(s): Oct-Nov/ Apr
- Fire: Learn how to start a fire; use fire for signalling and for warmth
- Food: Learn how to identify wild edible plants; how to fish; how to build traps and snares
- Shelter: Learn about the different types of shelters and how to build one
- Rope: Learn how to weave a rope from wild plants; how to tie different types of knots
- Rafts: Learn how to build a raft and travel on it
- River crossings: Learn how to ford a river diagonally, with high extensions, and in shallow water
- Safety: Learn the basic principles of river safety
1.Drive to Entry Point Taplejung
2.Arrive at Entry Point Raft
3.Raft All Day
4.Raft All Day
5.Raft All Day
6.Raft All Day
7.Raft All Day & Extit at Chatara.Drive back to Kathmandu @ Night
8.Arrived Kathmandu in the Morning
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All meals as specified for trip (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- All Rafting arrangements.
- Accommodation in twin sharing tent
- Rafting & Safety Kayakers wages (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All gears
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and
- climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.