Whitewater Rafting in Trishuli offers a great entry or warm up for the kayakers and provides a pleasant trip for the rafters with exhilarating, but not too easy, rapids. Trishuli is easily accessible from either Kathmandu or Pokhara. This river comes into its own in high water conditions, and with huge rapids and a turbo fast current which is perfect for a short blast. This is also the best river in Nepal for training purposes.
- Grade: Class III (IV)
- Entry: Baireni (Alt. 425m)
- Exit: Gai Ghat (Alt. 210m)Distance: 85 km
- Days on river: 1 or 3
- From Kathmandu: 2 hours
- Av. gradient: 15 ft/mile
- Fire: Learn how to start a fire; use fire for signalling and for warmth
- Food: Learn how to identify wild edible plants; how to fish; how to build traps and snares
- Shelter: Learn about the different types of shelters and how to build one
- Rope: Learn how to weave a rope from wild plants; how to tie different types of knots
- Rafts: Learn how to build a raft and travel on it
- River crossings: Learn how to ford a river diagonally, with high extensions, and in shallow water
- Safety: Learn the basic principles of river safety
1. Drive to Entry Point Charaudi & Raft all Day
2. Raft all day and drive back to Kathmandu
- All meals as specified for trip (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- All Rafting arrangements.
- Accommodation in twin sharing tent
- Rafting & Safety Kayakers wages (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All gears
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner,
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and
- climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region, mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.