Upper Dolpa is remote region of Nepal and the centerpiece of this area is Shey Phoksundo National Park. The trek begins at Juphal and follows the trail to Dunai, then proceeds to Tarakot, way up to Bang la camp, which is the highest point of the trek.The east and south of it is bordered by the Dhaulagiri and Churen Himal Ranges and to the west by the Jumla district. Trekking to Upper Dolpo proffers you the remarkable and worthwhile experience of lifetime. The noteworthy figure seen here are immaculate snowy peaks, ancient and isolated villages, rich wildlife, reliable Buddhist monastery and wonderful lakes. The people of this area are simple and warm hearted with enthralling culture and traditions. The major highlight of the trek includes “Shey Phoksundo National Park” and, “Shey Phoksundo Lake”.
Surrounded by rock, forests, and snow-capped peaks, the upper Dolpa is known as one of the world’s natural hidden wonders. The trek concludes as we walk down the Sanu Bheri village followed by the beautiful Phoksundo lake.
DAY 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu
DAY 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing & trek preparation
DAY 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj
DAY 04: Fly from Nepalgunj to Juphal & trek to Dunai, 2-3 hrs
DAY 05: Trek to Ankhe, 5-6 hrs
DAY 06: Trek to Sulighat, 5-6 hrs
DAY 07: Trek to Phoksundo Lake 4-5 hrs
DAY 08: Rest Day at Phoksundo Lake
DAY 09: Trek to Phoksundo Khola, 4-5 hrs
DAY 10: Trek to Phoksundo Bhanjyang, 6-7 hrs
DAY 12: Rest day at Shey Gompa the crystal monastery
DAY 13: Trek to Namduna Gaun via Saldang La 6-7 hrs
DAY 14: Trek to Saldang, 4-5 hours
DAY 15: Trek to Yangze Gompa, 4-5 hrs
DAY 16: Trek to Sibu, 6-7 hrs
DAY 17: Trek to Jeng-la Phedi, 5-6 hrs
DAY 18: Trek to Tokyu Gaon via Jeng la, 5-6 hrs
DAY 19: Trek to Dho Tarap, 4-5 hrs
DAY 20: Rest Day at Dho Tarap
DAY 21: Trek to Tarap Khola ( Kamakharka), 6-7 hrs
DAY 22: Trek to Khanigaon, 4-5 hrs
DAY 23: Trek to Tarakot, 4-5 hrs
DAY 24: Trek to Dunai, 5-6 hrs)
DAY 25: Trek to Jhuphal, 2-3 hrs)
DAY 26: Fly from Jhuphal to Nepalgunj to Kathmandu
DAY 27: Departure from Kathmandu
- All meals as specified for trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee).
- Arrival pick up & departure.
- All internal local transport as per the itinerary.
- Internal flights
- All trekking arrangements including trekking permits, climbing permits, National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in twin sharing local lodges or best available places for accommodation,
Trekking & Climbing leader & porter (salary, insurance, food, accommodation & other allowances).
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- All hardware gears
- Kathmandu food lunch & dinner,
- International flights to Kathmandu,
- Tips for Porter, guide & other
- Personal climbing gears and climbing boot, clothing & equipment
- Personal expenditure, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, hot shower in the mountain region,
- mineral water, snacks, desserts.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes
- Meals or drinks except the 3 main meals specified in itinerary
- Anything else not specified in the ‘included costs’ section above
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.