White Water Rafting in Karnali River provides opportunities for fine rafting and kayaking trips. It flows through spectacular, remote, jungle-clad canyons with big white, high volume water and abundant wildlife. This White Water Rafting in Karnali River, along with its tributaries, drains most of the Far Western region of Nepal.
White Water Rafting in Karnali River is the longest multi days whitewater rafting trip in Nepal, White Water Rafting in Karnali River also very famous for fishing trips. End of the rafting trip can visit Bardiya wildlife national park.
Rapids in the upper half of the Karnali river are fairly mild, but as the main canyon approaches they turn into roller coaster rides with foaming white water on every bend. The lower half of the Karnali has but a little white water but makes up for this shortfall with incredible jungles, wilderness and wildlife.
This is an incredible river for the expert paddler or the advanced intermediate who is happy on big water. Big rapids, multi days trip with lots and lots of play potential.
- Grade: Class IV (V)
- Entry: Sauli (Alt. 560m)
- Exit: Chisapani (Alt. 195m)
- Distance: 180 km
- Days on river: 9-10
- From Kathmandu: 2 days
- Av. gradient: 4m/km (20 ft/mile)
- Volume in Nov: 300 cms (10500 cfs)
- Best season(s): Oct-Nov, Mar-Apr
- Fire: Learn how to start a fire; use fire for signalling and for warmth
- Food: Learn how to identify wild edible plants; how to fish; how to build traps and snares
- Shelter: Learn about the different types of shelters and how to build one
- Rope: Learn how to weave a rope from wild plants; how to tie different types of knots
- Rafts: Learn how to build a raft and travel on it
- River crossings: Learn how to ford a river diagonally, with high extensions, and in shallow water
- Safety: Learn the basic principles of river safety
1. Drive to Entry Point via Nepalgunj, Surkhet
2. Drive to Entry Point Dungeshowr Rafting half day
3. Raft all Day
4. Raft all Day
5. Raft all Day
6. Raft all Day
7. Raft all Day
8. Drive Back to Kathmandu
- Transport for the trip.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Guide and safety crew.
- All equipments for rafting.
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- Accommodation in twin sharing tent if more than one day.
- Travel & equipments insurance.
- Personal clothing & equipments.
- Personal expenditure.
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control.
- Tips for the crew.
- Group dinner after the trip.
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.