Whitewater rafting in Sunkoshi river in Nepal is best for rafting holidays. Big rapids, warm water, beautiful scenery and great camping whitewater rafting in Sunkoshi river a great fun. Whitewater rafting in Sunkoshi river in Nepal starts from Dolalghat few hours drive from Kathmandu. For the majority of its course, the river has no roads or towns, just the occasional picturesque village and friendly shouts of ‘Namaste’ from the bank. All along the sunkoshi river are beautiful, wide, white sandy beaches ideal for camping, and the lower reaches are heavily forested with troops of monkeys and an abundance of birdlife.
Whitewater rafting in Sunkoshi river in Nepal for first few days are fairly easy, offering a gentle warm up. Most of the major rapids in sunkoshi are pool/drop with huge bouncy pressure waves near the bottom. Days of running big rapids and floating through lush green countryside make this a memorable river experience.
For intermediate and advanced kayakers, this is a great sunkoshi river. Big bouncy class 3-4 rapids with large volume of water.
- Grade: Class IV- (V)
- Entry Dolalghat: (Alt. 625m)
- Exit: Chatara (Alt. 105m)
- Distance: 270 km
- Days on river: 8-9
- From Kathmandu: 3 hours
- Av. gradient: 2m/km (10 ft/mile)
- Volume in Nov: 400 cms (14000 cfs)
- Best season(s): Sept-Oct, May-Jun
- Fire: Learn how to start a fire; use fire for signalling and for warmth
- Food: Learn how to identify wild edible plants; how to fish; how to build traps and snares
- Shelter: Learn about the different types of shelters and how to build one
- Rope: Learn how to weave a rope from wild plants; how to tie different types of knots
- Rafts: Learn how to build a raft and travel on it
- River crossings: Learn how to ford a river diagonally, with high extensions, and in shallow water
- Safety: Learn the basic principles of river safety
1. Drive to Entry Point Raft
2. Raft all Day
3. Raft all Day
4. Raft all Day
5. Raft all Day
6. Raft all Day
7. Raft all Day
8. Raft all Day
9. Raft all Day
10 Exit at Chatar and Drive back to Kathmandu
- Transport for the trip.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Guide and safety crew.
- All equipments for rafting.
- Basic first aid kit is carried by your leader.
- Accommodation in twin sharing tent if more than one day.
- Travel & equipments insurance.
- Personal clothing & equipments.
- Personal expenditure.
- Optional trips. Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control.
- Tips for the crew.
- Group dinner after the trip.
Photo(s) not found!
Date(s) not available
Cost are based on single person, Please ask for the group price. Cost includes 5 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara as per the Itinerary.